Friday, April 24, 2009

Grab Bag

At a recent sale, there were several plastic sandwich bags full of jewelry bits tossed haphazardly on the dining room table. I snagged this one that was marked $1.50. Just so you know, I don't like paying more than $1 for anything, so this was a stretch for me.

Just look at what was buried in all that bad 80's pot metal!

All of these pieces will be repurposed into rings and hair doodads. I like the shiny green rhinestone gem best of all. Which one is your favorite?

8 comments:

Rescued Junk by Old Crow Farm said...

What beauties! They really are very pretty. Good find. Have a great weekend. jojo

RITA DECO - Vintage and Fabulous Finds! said...

Why don't you collect a few more bags of this stuff and then glue (all of it) to a piece of plywood shaped like an Xmas tree...?
Gawd...I've seen alot of good jewelry twisted and tortured into one of those god-awful holiday displays. Women in the 60's/70's musta had alot of free time.

Lori Lynn said...

The little white angel wing shaped doodah is my fave.

The Potting Shed said...

OOOOooo! So pretty! I like the plastic flowery looking thingy! xo Joan

AngelMc said...

I like the green stones too.

Vestiges Storefront said...

I hope you made the cameo's into rings for the shop I want one for me and one for my bff, great score!

Carole said...

I've recently discovered what hidden treasures can be inside of jewelry grab bags! There's a local shop that has started bagging up bits and pieces of jewelry on occasion. I admit that I pay $3 each for mine though. :-)

EverydayMe said...

yup I think the green is my fav too.
hugs. michelle