Monday, January 30, 2012

A Winner and a Sign in the Middle of Nowhere

Congratulations to Linda from A La Carte! Linda is a long time member of One Gal's Trashy Pals and is the winner of the vintage valentine goods I posted about here.
(Linda, send me your address and I'll get your stash in the mail.)

For years I have passed this sign on the way to the coast. It's just outside of Banks, Oregon. On Saturday afternoon, at a moment when the sun was actually shining, I stopped the Dodge long enough to get out and take a picture.

What used to be Heritage Farms is now a gravel and rock business, but lucky for us, the gravel and rock people never bothered to remove the Heritage Farms sign. Here's the other side...

Corn and grapes and an orange and a peach!...Created and attached separately to the background for a 3-D effect. Love it! Now, I just have to figure out how to get it in the back of the Dodge.

Next post...The junk I found in Tillamook County!

3 comments:

SousLeCharme said...

Put it ON the Dodge,sweetie! That how I got my schoolroom chalkboard home.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love that sign...I keep telling myself to stop and take photos when I see cool signs like that...!

I won your Valentine goodies...I am so excited! thank you so much! I will email you my address.

hugs, Linda

Into Vintage said...

I think you need to take me with you next time. We can strap that sucker on the roof!