Friday, April 30, 2010

A Quarter Century of Junking

My dear friend Joan just emailed me this picture. It's me in 1986. I was visiting Joan and her husband in London. I had spent the morning at a fantastic rummage...The kind where you find a set of vintage dishes with a Paris cafe design. Girls, see the crazed look in my eyes? That is pure junk joy!

I thought it was a good time to share this photo because on Monday, I leave for a 2 week holiday in London. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on some more British goodies. I'll keep you posted...

11 comments:

Rose H (UK) said...

Love the photo.
If you're coming to the UK try charity shops for bargains!
Hope you have a good holiday,and enjoy yourself.

JustJoan said...

I've seen that look in your eye!
Have a great trip. Love, Joan

Andy's Attic said...

Have a great time. I've always wanted to go to London!!
Annette

Amber Von Felts said...

I'd love to see a close up of the plates. I wonder, do you still have them? Have a great trip & take some pics to share :-)

marilyn said...

Oh Man I'm wishing I could go. Have a great time and happy junkin'

★Carol★ said...

Just wear all of the clothes you think you'll need for those two weeks. That way you'll have tons of room in your suitcase for goodies! Have a great time, and I wish you lots of junking luck!

Chickens in the Basement said...

I have a pile of hard-on-the-outside suitcases just sitting in my attic if you need them! Pack your clothes in the overnight carry on and reserve the rest of your space for treasures!

Rosie said...

Have a great trip and take lots of picture for us!
rosie

icandy... said...

yes, let us know what you come home with!
have a safe and wonderful journey, my evil~ness!
oxoxoxoxo
christina

Signs and Salvage said...

I hope you have a FABULOUS time!!! I also wanted to let you know that the key made it here...and I LOVE it!!! Thank you so much!!! I hung it on a door knob for now...it makes me smile:)

Take Care,

Kristin

Vintage Christine said...

You probably won't see this until after you get back, so I hope you had a really swell time! Two weeks is a very civilized amount of time to spend abroad, m'deah!