Saturday, February 2, 2008

One Stop Shopping




Okay, so I had about 10 minutes before I needed to be somewhere. I stopped by one of my usual spots and struck gold. Extra fun as I usually strike tin or brass there. The lot includes vintage Easter cards, sheet music for "Fairy Trumpets", old buttons - white and raspberry - on their original cards, a vintage doily how-to guide and several old alphabet decals. I paid so fast it would have made your head spin. When I got home I challenged myself to make up some words with the decals; sort of like Wheel of Fortune but without the wheel or the fortune. See what I came up with? Take a VERY close look at the doily pamphlet...want a cigarette with that crochet hook honey?

2 comments:

Diane Gilleland said...

Okay, crazy co-incidence: a friend of mine just sent me a copy of that Ruffled Doilies pamphlet this week! Isn't it amazing? Doilies so wildly girly, it's hard to set anything down on them. So fun!

Leslie K said...

oh my god the cigarettes are so crazy and hilarious I love it!