Sunday, October 21, 2007

Holiday Mantel... to be continued...


After a long dry summer, the mantel is now ready for prime time. First in the holiday showcase is Halloween of course. We haul up the orange and black plastic bins (half off sale at Target) and it's like Christmas in October. My kids have their favorite festive gems....mostly vintage, but not all. I admit to having one resin piece, but cut me some slack, it was a gift from my mom to my daughter on her first Halloween. My favorites are the black pottery kitties (only one is shown) from the Penny Whistle thrift store in Ardmore, PA. It was worth moving 3,000 miles just to get my hands on these. Please note: the bow ties are orange. (!) Once I tried to put a votive inside them but their heads got very hot and just about blew off. That would have been a tragedy. In a couple of weeks it will be time for the turkeys to take over...mmmmmm!

1 comment:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

love the spooky halloween. It would have been a tragedy for those cute little cats to lose their heads!