Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Box of Complete Joy

Okay, so my friend Gail calls and says there's an estate sale by her house. I pulled my jeans on so fast your head would have spun. I was not that optimistic since it was close to noon already, but oh how wrong I was! Spring green linen napkins (.25 ea), vintage wrapping paper; florals and Christmas (large pile for $2), old decks of playing cards still tucked away in their boxes (.50). I think you get my drift. The creme de la creme was in the upstairs bedroom. A box FULL of 1940's and 50's New Year's hats and noisemakers. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. The colors! The glitter! The crepe paper! The POLKA DOTS! Guess how much....5 bucks for the box. Oh Joy!

1 comment:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

You know we would have gotten in a major tug of war for your box of goodies. Glad to see posts #2 and #3. you are ahead of me!
magpie