Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sometimes You Can Smell The Junk From a Mile Away

I took a road trip over the weekend to southern Oregon. On Saturday, I hit the back roads of Ashland, looking for places like this:

It was like a hybrid between Hoarders and Storage Wars. Folks keep their worldly goods in storage units. Every Saturday and Sunday, they roll open the door, drag some of the stuff out onto the pavement, light a cigarette and wait for the crowds.

Like my new friend, Marv. He's been doing this type of roadside commerce for 30 years. The good news: I found a couple of goodies in Marv's locker. The better news: I didn't run into Darrell Sheets.

6 comments:

★Carol★ said...

That's such a great idea, but I've always had this weird fear of storage units. I feel like there's stuff in some of them that aren't ever EVER supposed to see the light of day.....

lisa said...

Looks lke fun to me. i adore finding new to me stuf! i know i am a thrifting addict when i know by sight a lot of the stuff sitting in a store.

The White Pear Tree said...

Neat! I wish I could do that, it would be a cheap way of running a business.

misselaineous said...

Hah...I'm with you. I cannot stand Darryl, or really any of those guys...they are so obnoxious, I'm surprised that some one hasn't put THEM is a storage unit!! Kidding...sorta. *e*

Cindy said...

Crack me up!

Amber Von Felts said...

WTF? Is that a Chewbacca head on the picnic table?!?!?!