Sunday, February 19, 2012

Painting Lessons

My friend Astrid collects Walter Foster Art Books. In her illustrious junking career, Astrid has amassed quite a collection which includes a vintage Walter Foster display rack...Lucky!

I also have a little crush on Walter. The art books are hard to pass up...especially when they cost 50 cents. I usually sell them for about $3 or $4, but their appeal is priceless. Just look at these options...

Capturing the Oregon Coast!

Paint your favorite relative!

For armchair travelers!

Indians...not sure if this one includes cowboys too.

And this one lets you know what you're going to do wrong even before you get started. How's that for encouragement!

7 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

Oh my, another thing to look for. They are pretty!

Vintage Station said...

I thought I was the only one who loved these! Have lots at Vintage Station for sale too!

carrievintage said...

great finds <3

My Vintage Mending said...

Hm...not sure if I have seen any of these. What a sweet signature though. Wonderful display. Something to loo for indeed. Smiles...Renee

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I think my Mom had some of these during her 'painting' phase! Fun!
hugs, Linda

Amber Von Felts said...

That display rack is amazing! I found a art lesson book on how to draw animals, it looks very similar to these. I'll have to double check it to see if it is of the same brand. Nice collection she's got there!

Dina@VintageAdvantage said...

Hi!
I just stumbled upon your blog...love it!
I'm going to join your "followers"...
I bought an enormous pile of Walter Foster books at a garage sale a while back and I love them so much I can't sell them (which was my original intent, of course)...your friend's display rack is so awesome! I'm jealous :-)
Check out my little newbie blog, if you like:
www.vintageadvantage.blogspot.com