Tuesday, December 13, 2011

White Trash Truffles

I got to have a play date with my friend Amy the other day. (You might know Amy from her beautiful and informative blogs Into Vintage and Vintage Market Guide.) Amy brought me these adorable chocolate bon bons. When she told me that they're called 'White Trash Truffles', I just about fell off my chair. Trust me girls, save yourselves a trip to Godiva and whip up a batch of these. Easy, cheap and yummy...just like me!

White Trash Truffles

1 20-oz package oreo cookies
2 8-oz bricks cream cheese
16-oz Dolci Frutta Hard Chocolate Shell for Fruit (found in the produce section)

Remove cream cheese from fridge and let soften at room temperature for 20 minutes. In a food processor, pulse oreo cookies until they are in small pieces, but not too powdery. Add cream cheese to cookie mixture in a mixing bowl and mash together until well blended. Roll oreo cream cheese mixture into 1” balls and place on a wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Melt chocolate and dip each ball into the chocolate, turning until well coated. Return to wax paper. Repeat until all balls are coated with chocolate. Refrigerate truffles for 30 minutes to set chocolate.

3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

These looks so good...might have to try this! hugs, Linda

Amber Von Felts said...

Oh this sounds awesome! I'm going to try making these this year. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Into Vintage said...

I don't know ... 'dolce frutta' sounds pretty swanky. I just used plain ol' Baker's semi-sweet chocolate. Glad you liked them!!