Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dolls From Hell and a Hallow-Winner!

Maybe it's because Halloween is on the horizon or perhaps it's due to the phases of the moon, but creepy dolls are everywhere. Amy from Into Vintage posted about a spectacularly terrifying sample here. Then I came across this one...

Armless and looking bereaved....

And this one, with nightmarish eyes. Also....

I recently offered this vintage Halloween booty in exchange for a swell trick or treat story. Thanks to everyone for playing along. I'm happy to announce the winner is Leah Dickey. I loved her description of her "Wonder Years" neighborhood at Halloween. Leah, please send your address to dotproblem (at) msn (dot) com, and I'll get your goodies in the mail to you!

6 comments:

Hello Vintage said...

The first doll looks so sad :(. I had a doll with eyes like the second doll and I still loved her.

★Carol★ said...

Creepy looking dolls are more frightening to me than a ghoul, any day of the week!

Gina at Vintage Junk in My Trunk said...

Love your creepy doll post! Did you see this one? She is holding lollipops in my kitchen now!

http://vintagejunkinmytrunk.typepad.com/vintage-junk-in-my-trunk/2010/06/guys-and-dolls-and-dolls.html

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! My blog is having issues and it looks like I am going to have to start a new one. I will email you my address!

Into Vintage said...

This is the season of terrifying dolls, isn't it? And what's that baby doll doing in a negligee -- that's really scary.

Thanks for the shout out! :-)

Anonymous said...

you always make me laugh...out loud!! i think the one in the nightie had had a bath or two...ask me how i know....hhhmmmm!
Maddy