Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The 'They Weren't Kidding' Sale - Part I

The photos on last weekend's estate sale posting told the whole story...costume jewelry, garden concrete, vintage clothes, piles of dishes and fabric. But the thing that really got me was this line:
"This little lady saved everything." Here's part I of what I bought:

Barkcloth covered boudoir chair

Green Naugahyde covered desk chair (I have its twin in our den.)

Tins and flowers and a toleware tray. Oh! And the best dotty glass I have ever laid eyes on.

A squat glass vintage candy jar..."Candy Treats 3 pounds"

A box stuffed with vintage wrapping paper and super cute stickers. Well, except for the creepy clown one.

And a boxful of cards for every occasion. Looks like Jesus needed a little catnap.

Next post: Part II ~ The Christmas stuff

6 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Jesus needed a cat nap. ~snorts~

Wonderful finds!!

Mary Ann said...

beautiful tin!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Looks like you hit a doozy. I missed it! Can't wait to the Christmas goodies.

Nelly said...

Wow how cool was that lot?Id feel like xmas had come if I was there.I can see that chair all done up Magnolia Pearl style what are you going to do with it?

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Lots of great items!!

Jocelyn said...

Love the chair!!!

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/