Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's a gal to do?

Girls, I know this isn't the post you were expecting, but I had to share...

Lately, things at our house have been, well, tense. Not the 7 year itch, more like the 11 year slump. Earlier today, I had just come back from a walk, all sweaty and pale, when the doorbell rang. I was expecting someone selling religion or fake magazine subscriptions and was all ready to kick whoever it was to the curb. But it was Jeff, the singing cowboy.

He handed me a long-stemmed rose and a heart shaped balloon. Turns out my husband hired him to sing to me...."That's Amore" from Moonstruck, our favorite movie. This tune was obviously an unusual request, since Jeff had this cheat sheet of the lyrics taped to his guitar.


Then he sang "My Girl" and I got a little teary. I thanked my husband profusely and told him that the surprise was really great ~ and a little bit creepy.

Think I should let him out of the doghouse, girls?

13 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Most certainly! If he went to that much effort AND got all romantic and stuff...yes!!!

marilyn said...

cool! that was fun.....

Part three disappeared???

Rose H (UK) said...

I bet your heart is still missing a beat! You'll have to forgive him.....how romatic.

misselaineous said...

Thank you for my first smile..& giggle of the day! Jeff the singing cowboy?? Whatever hubby did to put himself in the dog house must be forgiven...That's Amore!! *elaine*

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

OMG YES! That's so wonderful. Let him out of the doghouse, feed him top sirloin and invite him into your lair!!!

trash talk said...

If that's not amore I don't know what it. Whatever he did...throw him a bone and let him out! Good boy!
Debbie

Lisa said...

Well that is natural, fun, surprise, honest smile on your face. So yes I think he did very good.

Apron Thrift Girl said...

That is just so incredibly sweet. I've never had anything like that happen to me. Definitely let him out on parole. :-)

laurie -magpie ethel said...

He did good. My husband would never ever, ever, ever, think of that in one million years. Silly and romantic!

★Carol★ said...

Awwww, how romantical! That's definitely going above and beyond to work your way out of the doghouse. Give him another chance!

Kim G. said...

Nothing says I love you quite like a guy named Jeff hired to woo you with love songs. Yeah, let him out of the doghouse, and hang in there girl! XO!

EverydayMe said...

how sweet is that... let him out let him out... I love that song... I'd be crying too... lucky girl!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle

JustJoan said...

I don't know how I missed this post. You look so cute in this photo. I have to say that was pretty darn romantic of hubby.