Sunday, January 10, 2010

Barn Sale Frenzy in 3 Acts

Act One:

Friday, Gail and I headed out for some serious junking. It has been a long, wet winter here and the pickings have been slim. Also, Gail just had a birthday, so it was going to be a day of junk and cackling and celebration. We decided to drive out of Portland towards St. Helens (the town, not the mountain). But we never got there. In the tiny, one-traffic-light-town of Scappoose, we saw this:

Girls, are there 3 words in the English language more beautiful than "FINAL BARN SALE"? I think not. Inside, we saw piles of Melmac....

The Lamp of Joy...

Girly Stuff...

A $1 table...and so much more.

Note to self: You don't need any more resin grapes, no matter how splendid the colors may be.

The day ended with Mexican food and Coronas. Oh! And unloading all of our stuff in the pouring down rain. Perfect.

Posts to follow:
Act 2: The big stuff I loaded into the Dodge mini van.
Act 3: The small stuff I loaded into the Dodge mini van.

17 comments:

marilyn said...

oh my heart just skipped a beat. There have been NO sales around here for months. Have had to relie on the Goodwill and Value Village to get my fix. And there prices are going up!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the haul. Do we have to wait till tomorrow???

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

That's my kind of SALE...sure wish I could find a good one like that...thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Linda

★Carol★ said...

It's a darn good thing that I can't read most of those price tags! Except for the 75 cent tag on that blue melmac cup. 75 cents! I better see those aqua grapes in the mini van amongst all the small stuff!

Emme Toaye said...

The pictures were great and Happy Birthday to your friend. I can't wait to see what you create from your new treasures. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and great adventure.

Theresa said...

Three of the sweetest words ever! Can't wait to see what all you crammed in the van:) Have a blessed day!

Chickens in the Basement said...

Please tell me you didn't leave the grapes behind!!! I love them!
Why do you have to live so far away!

Anna

Vonlipi said...

It sounds like such a fun day! I would've been CRAZY with vintage joy! And mexican food and coronas my favorite kind of day! :)

Georgia Peachez said...

This is going to be good, I can just feel it......

Ann said...

It's like sale heaven! BTW, I just found your blog and I love it! Your humor is so refreshing.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh I already saw stuff I want! LOL...can't wait to see your treasures!

Vintage Christine said...

I know you heard that thump. It was my jaw hitting the floor when I read your post. You lucky puppy you!

anythinggoeshere said...

She shoots, she scores.

Lisa said...

WOW...you guys always find the best stuff!!
I have to ask what is the thing on the $1.00 table that is white and looks like a grumpy little round man?
Cannot wait to see all the goodies you came home with!!

vintagebetti said...

Sounds like you girls shared a perfect day.. I SO would have bought those turquoise resin grapes. xoxo A

Anonymous said...

Oooh those resin grapes just brought back a wonderful memory of some my far-away cousin had that I saw and coveted one summer when I was a pre-teen.

Found on Fremont said...

Oh how sad am I to have missed this adventure...saga of Junking! Can't wait to join in on the fun next time!

Amy said...

THAT was the weekend we drove for Mexican food in Kalama/Longview...that weird road trip. And we drove by this barn in Scappoose and I SCREAMED. Yet...the car still moved forward. I am really cranky now! That looked fun!