Friday, November 6, 2009

A Trip to the Coast ~ the First in a Series

So, yesterday I went to Rockaway Beach in order to plant plants (!) around Chez Pre-Fab. Once I got down there, I realized that the soaking rain and 50 mile an hour wind gusts might put a wrench in my plans. But I did have a chance to bond with our house...Look what has happened since our last visit...

Cedar shingles are almost finished!


Living Room got a bit cozier! Please note: the vintage floral chairs (they rock and swivel!) will be covered with canvas slipcovers.

The old post office cubby was put up in the kitchen!

And the ship shape lamps got installed! Thanks Astrid & Jim!

Next installment: My favorite place to have lunch in Garibaldi, Oregon.
3rd installment: I did have time to do a little junking....
Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Junkie Gems said...

Your place is lookin' cozy. Perfect timing for the Storm coming in. Batten down the hatches.

trash talk said...

Do you know how darling this is becoming? Of course you do! Love everything especially your kitchen! I think I'm just a little bit jealous...just a teensy bit!
Debbie

Georgia Peachez said...

It's already losing it's prefabness. I love those chairs, and I kinda like the upholstery on them. I'm having a 70's moment. xo, suzy

misselaineous said...

Lovin' this little Chez Pre-fab! It looks a little like a Cape Codder with the cedar shakes...are you going to let 'em weather to silver gray? Do they do that in Oregon? Thanks for sharing. *elaine*

Theresa said...

Love it and can't wait to see more! Have some good junkin fun!

flyingbeader said...

Lovely & you are just making want to come back to Oregon's coast. LUV LUV that area.

EverydayMe said...

this place is turning out so lovely... I'm sure you can't wait to move in... are you still on schedule to do the turkey dinner for Thanksgiving??? I hope so!!! It's just lovely... congrats!!!
{{Hugs}} Michellle