Monday, September 7, 2009

Junking on the Oregon Coast

Rockaway Beach has just a couple of places for junking and sadly, estate sales are few and far between. Fortunately, there is a new shop ~ The Frugal Crow Vintage Market ~ for foraging.

The first time I went by, the store was closed, but I did a little window shopping...

Ooooo, Pretty!


This gold number totally has my name all over it! I had my nose pressed to the window to get a better look.

Yesterday, the store was open...

Tea with Liz, anyone?

A pirate chest!

The gold chandelier from the inside....

That's Bree behind the counter. She is my new junky friend. The gal holding up the purple (!) floral chenille bedspread was too fast for me. She had her hands on that baby before I knew what was happening. The price: $15.00. I got a little misty eyed watching her walk out the door with my bedspread.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I live in Oklahoma, and I can't find a chenille anything...that was a pretty one, too. Darn!!!
I feel bad for you...did you get the chandelier?????

Unknown said...

I love to "window watch". It most assuredly keeps my bank balance in the plus sign! Have a great Monday.

Charla

trash talk said...

But in the words of Scarlet, "Tomorrow is another day"...for junking that is. There's a chenille with your name on it somewhere!
Debbie

Theresa said...

We would have had to duke it out over that gorgeous bedspread:) Love it! Chandelier too! Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

Oh thats a fabulous find! too bad about the spread - it was lovely You should have tackled her to the ground for it :)

Vintage Christine said...

The shop looked like it was going to be a bit expensive but not if that chenille spread went for $15! Better luck next time.