Thursday, September 10, 2009

For the Birds

Hey everybody...It's Vintage Thingies Thursday!

I present to you my small but beloved vintage bird collection. The chickadee in the middle and the pastel yellow one were the first 2 of my collection. I bought them in an Italian bakery/junk shop (don't ask) in New Jersey 20 years ago. They reminded my of my Grandma Millie. I'm not sure that the memory is accurate, but I seem to recall she had similar ones in her kitchen. The other birds have come from estate sales and thrift shops.

Which one is your favorite?

Head on over to Colorado Lady for a showcase of fab vintage goodies from other junky bloggers...

8 comments:

Marie said...

What a sweet little yellow chickadee- I like his color and size.

Coloradolady said...

How in the world to pick a favorite. They are all as sweet as they can be, I do like the colors on the chickadee...so vibrant. Have a great weekend and a Happy VTT!

kjkljk;ljljgjgfuyhd said...

I agree with Lemondrop (love that name!) the yellow one is the sweetest.
The black and white one comes in 2nd place, and third place is a tie between the cardinal and the teal (bluejay?) landing on a log. Lol! They're all so cute :+D

Simply Iowa said...

I love them all! We have all kinds of birds around here, they love our place because we don't spray anything, people ask me what kinds of birds they are, heck, I don't know, birds... I don't ever pick one over the other, I love'em all!
So in your grouping, I think it's interesting to have all different kinds, just like Mother Nature intended!
And yes, Junkin' with your bud's, truly is food for the spirit...
Barb C.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

How sweet - I have a hard time picking a favorite. I would love to have them lined down my dining room table at Christmas - would look great with my Lennox Winter Greetings china.

Heidi Ann said...

I'm a bird lady from way back. My favorite is the little blue one at top right. I think I have his mate in yellow. Sweet tweets!

trash talk said...

The whole flock is pretty darn cute and so is the name Millie, btw!
A bakery huh? We once bought some fantastic breakables( R.S. Prussia, Heisey, etc.) at a pet shop. Just goes to show, you never know where good junk will be lurking!
Debbie

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, I love them all! I have the same blue one (upper right) except it's in yellow!