Monday, April 13, 2009

My favorite place in Oregon

Once upon a time, there was a magical place called Cart M. It was in a small town called Manzanita, on the Oregon Coast.

It was a cross between a dump, a recycling center and a thrift store! People came from miles around just to see it!

They had very special things there...like an avocado green toilet with a wooden seat!

And a big, beautiful piece of art made from thousands of recycled cans!

They made it very easy to figure out where to put stuff.

There were wonderful things to see inside the thrift store too! Like...

I always wanted a planter made from a cup and saucer and rick rack and pennies! Hooray for Cart M!

6 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That has got to be the ugliest toilet I have ever seen, lol.

Vestiges Storefront said...

Does this place still exist? Did you go this weekend? It looks so great!

laurie - magpie ethel said...

How could anyone give up that planter? What an amazing place...looks like a fun place to find a treasure or two.

Rescued Junk by Old Crow Farm said...

That looks like so much fun! Another junk heaven awaits. Happy junking jojo

anythinggoeshere said...

Send me that toilet NOW! xo Joan

Carole said...

Another place I've never heard of....and I'm down near Manzanita all the time.

I think I'd have to pass on the toilet, even though I currently have the most awful blue one (complete with sink and tub) you'd ever come across. lol

That one would actually look great in the right setting, say perhaps a bungalow.