Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Junking Trip...from my couch

There was an article in the New York Times this morning about a water tower in a town called Hernando, in Mississippi. I have to admit, the story didn't interest me all that much...but this photo sure got me started. I found myself peering at the shelves behind the Douglas brothers to see what I could see. Oh, to be at Buddy's Antiques! I would buy a couple of trinkets and then me and the boys would have a cold Sassafras and talk about the good ol' days.

8 comments:

Poolatte said...

You are sooo hilarious. Did you blow up the pic really big to see what kind of trinkets you would buy? I'm gonna go ahead and dibs that guy on the right. He's just my type ;) poor Chris will be heart broken :(

maria said...

hello miss pam!!!
LOOOVVVE the photo--now there's some good 'ol boys. I can here the banjo's now!
xoxo,
Maria

maria said...

hellllllooooo Pam,
that photo says a thousand words and conjures up banjo music for me!
Hope you are well.
xoxo
Maria

Anonymous said...

Why do they both have their hands tucked into the bibs of their overalls...is that proper overall wearing etiquette?

EverydayMe said...

ohhhhhhhhh Pam - this is way too adorable...just love the red shirts... very festive... for valentine's day don't ya think... do you think they are are spruced up for their gals or is that the everyday attire?? Thanks for sharing...
{{HUGS}} Michelle

mo said...

Sounds great to me! I always imagine antique stores out south and east as being so much better than our not very old stuff out here in the west.

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

I too was wondering why they BOTH have their hands inside their overalls. Kinda creepy

AngelMc said...

Been there, the store is huge, unbelievable the stuff they have.