Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Orange Carrot Cookies on a Fire King Plate

These are my favorite cookies to make; so easy, so pretty, so good! Years ago, my friend Joan came for a visit and brought a batch of these. She later sent the recipe to me by mail (this was way before email) and I still refer to the tattered and splattered paper it was written on. In pink ink, no less!

Here is the recipe in full in case you want to try them: But be prepared, you will be the most popular gal on your block!

3/4 cup margarine

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 cup cooked mashed carrots (approx 5 carrots, boil about 30 minutes)

2 cups flour

2 tsp. baking POWDER

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. vanilla

Cream margarine and sugar together. Add egg and carrots, mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to sugar mixture with vanilla. Drop by spoonfuls on slightly greased cookie sheet. Bake @ 375 for 12 minutes.

Frosting:

Juice from 1/2 orange

1 & 1/2 Tbsp butter (unsalted)

1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Holidays, Pam. I miss you!

Love, Interplanetary Janet

JustJoan said...

I adore you Pam! You've probably made these cookies more than I have now. I'd make them right now except that there is so much sugar in this house and I'm having major trouble not eating it. I had apple crumble for breakfast!