Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bagels for Obama

My husband and kids and I thought and thought and thought about what we could do to make sure the next occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is Barack Obama. We wanted to do something that was fun and would require the minimum of commitment from people. We came up with the idea of selling bagels in front of our house every Saturday morning. Emma and her friend Sophia were the advertising committee.

Noah's donates the bagels (Hooray Noah's!), an employee at Starbuck's donates the coffee (Hooray Brandon!).  My estate sale sidekick Gail donates jewelry..."Baubles for Obama" 
(Hooray Gail!)  So far, we have raised $512 for the campaign!

1 comment:

mo said...

Thanks for raising that money for Obama! And thanks for the notes on the blogger photo size. I do check the large box but I want them even bigger! Maybe it is just my screen here at home but they look smallish. I want to plant about 10 more of those limelight hydrangeas because they are so beautiful in the dusk here in my yard and always look so pretty in the house too.